In October 2011, I launched the Maria’s Guides series of books. The idea was to write and publish short, topical how-to guides about topics that interest me and my readers.
As the brand tagline states, they’re “Affordable, no-nonsense guides for the things you need to do.”
This is where you’ll find support for each in-print title, including:
- A complete description of the book.
- A table of contents.
- Links to example files and sample chapters.
- Embedded videos.
- Errors and clarifications.
- Links to related content on this site.
- A comment thread where you can post related questions and read answers.
Current titles include:
- Making Movies: A Guide for Serious Amateurs
A step-by-step approach to creating quality video productions.
- Sorting Excel Data: The Basics & Beyond
A definitive guide to sorting data managed in Microsoft Excel.
- iBooks Author: Publishing Your First Ebook
An illustrated guide to creating and publishing multi-touch books with iBooks Author.
More titles will be listed here and under the Maria’s Guides Books menu as they are released. Please use the comment form on the Request Books page if you’d like to suggest a topic for a future book.