Here are links I found interesting in December 2009:
- Image Detection: Watermarking vs. Fingerprinting – A discussion between the two image protection techniques. On PlagiarismToday.com.
- Stupid WordPress Tricks – A collection of copy-and-paste HTML/PHP code for use with WordPress.
- The 10 dumbest tech moves of 2009 – Excellent list of idiotic decision making in the tech world. On InfoWorld. Thanks to @estherschindler on Twitter for sharing the link.
- In the gig economy, who protects journalist bloggers? – As newspapers and other mainstream media outlets dismantle their ranks, many pundits have wondered who will be society’s new watchdog. On Chris Around the World. Thanks to @yaksierra on Twitter for sharing the link.
- Traveling? Better Get a UPS Account – Bad news for photographers who travel with their equipment: they might not be able to get said equipment on the plane securely. Get some tips in this post on PhotoFocus. Thanks to @BWJones on Twitter for sharing the link.
- Five Ways Apple’s Tablet May Change the World – The iPad is on the way, and it just might reduce calling costs, cut your commute, and, to the delight of journalists everywhere, pull print media back from the brink. In BusinessWeek. Thanks to @mjvalente for sharing the link.