Setting blog options on Viddler.
Once you’ve set up your Viddler account, you’re ready to set a few options that’ll make blogging from it easy.
- Log into your Viddler account at http://www.viddler.com/.
- Click the Options button near the top of the page, under the “Hello, yourname” greeting.
- In the Account Options screen, click the Blog Settings link. You should see something like this, although there won’t be any blogs listed for you.
- Click the + Add Blog button to display configuration fields.
- Enter your blog’s name in the Blog Name box and select the type of blog from the Blog Type drop-down list. The entry area expands to offer options applicable to your type of blog. Here’s what it looks like for a WordPress blog:
- Fill in the rest of the fields. The Blog API Endpoint is the URL to your blog’s Home page followed by
/xmlrpc.php. You should know the Username and Password.
- To prevent having to enter your password every time you send a Viddler video to your blog, turn on the Remember Password button.
- Click Submit.
- Viddler checks the information you entered. If it is correct and provides access to your blog, a green “Success!” message appears. Click the Awesome button. The blog is added to a list under Your Blogs.
You can repeat this process for as many blogs as you have access to. And, as you may have noticed, Viddler supports many different blog types, including TypePad, Blogger, Movable Type, Manilla, and Vox. So even if you’re not a WordPress user, you can use this feature. And yes, it does work with WordPress.com based blogs — not just the server install blogs.
What does this do for you? It sets up your account so that whenever you see a Viddler video that you want to embed in your blog, your account information is already provided and you’re good to go.
Next up: Recording a video on Viddler.